Eating fresh fruits of all kinds is very important to our daily and long-term health. One of the most important of these fruits is blueberries. Blueberries are one of the richest foods in antioxidants known to man, and eat them frequently can help people maintain their health. Often refer as a super food, due to its high nutritional value and its long list of healthy vitamins and minerals. A list of all the health benefits of cranberries is too long to cover in one article, but here we have included some of the most significant benefits of eating blueberries regularly.
In order to obtain maximum benefits, we recommend planting your own crop of blueberries. By cultivating blueberries on their own, should be more economical, since blueberries can be quite expensive. Growing your own crop of blueberries also allow you to get totally organic, free of pesticides and dangerous chemicals.
Now, some of the benefits of blueberries
1) The Cranberries help people to strengthen their immune system. This is because they offer very high levels of vitamin C. Get enough vitamin C is vital for anyone who wants to keep your immune system working at the highest level. Other important nutrients found in blueberries to help with overall health include manganese, vitamin A, B complex, copper, selenium, zinc and iron. All these nutrients combined to help people be healthier and as a result, their bodies are more resistant to the common cold, flu and other viral infections.
2) Blueberries help reduce the risk of age-related diseases. Blueberries are loaded with a ton of anti-oxidants that have been scientifically proven to help people reduce their risk of falls, dementia, glaucoma, Alzheimer’s disease, and many other diseases.
3) The blueberries may help reduce cancer risk. As stated earlier, blueberries are full of a lot of anti-oxidants. One of these anti-oxidants, known as anthocyanin, is known to help reduce free radicals that are a known factor for cancer. After eating blueberries regularly to get enough antioxidants, shall go a long way in helping someone to avoid cancer.
4) It has shown that cranberries reduce the risk of heart disease. Having a regular and consistent diet that includes blueberries, has been shown to help people reduce their risk of heart disease and even reduce belly fat. The Nutrients in blueberries, along with low sugar and fat work together to help reduce cholesterol and triglycerides and in turn reduces the risk of suffering a heart attack.
5) The blueberries help promote urinary tract health. Eating blueberries regularly is a great way to support a healthy urinary tract and prevent urinary tract infection. Beyond this, blueberries are so beneficial in supporting a healthy urinary tract in some cases; the cranberry juice is prescribed by doctors to help people overcome a urinary tract infection.
6) Recent studies have shown that cranberries help to reduce vision impairment. As people age, their views tend to be getting worse. Blueberries, with its high concentration of anthocyanins have been shown to help slow the deterioration of vision.
7) The blueberries help promote healthy digestive systems. Blueberries are high in sodium, copper, fructose, and acids that help improve digestion. They are also rich in fiber, which helps prevent constipation.
8) The Cranberries allow people to meet their needs without consuming more sugar fruits. Everyone should consume 3-4 servings of fruit a day. The problem with this is that fruits contain lots of sugar. However, blueberries are very low in sugar compared to other fruits. One cup of blueberries has about 80 calories and is very low on the glycemic index. As a result, blueberries are a better choice than many other fruits.
You can see in the above benefits, cranberries are extremely healthy and do much to help people maintain their health, not only now but throughout your life. If you do not eat a lot of blueberries, then it may be time for a change. The easiest way to do this is to buy and plant their own blueberry plants. A company that sells its own plants know blueberries, cranberries called Little Giants also that store like Lowe’s and Home Depot often sell blueberry plants as well.
Another option, of course, is simply buying in your supermarket. Whatever you choose, we recommend that you start enjoying the benefits of cranberries and adjust your diet including more of them.